Last Updated: September 1, 2018
If you have questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Data, please contact us using the contact details provided in the Contact Us section at the end of this document.
Information We Collect
In your use of the Service, we collect the below Personal Data about you. We collect this information for the purposes described user “How We Use Your Information”.
We collect information through the Campus ConnectrTM registration process, profile process, website survey, via email, or other direct contact from you. The data we collect from your activity in Campus Connectr includes:
- IP address, browser type and version, data about your use of our Service including email clicks and opens, pages you view, geographic location, support issues and assistance
- Dates/times when you enter or update your personal information in our Service
- Contact information and geographic information
- Personal data you enter, personal preferences, and selections you make, through the Campus Connectr registration service, profile process, web survey, and student/ roommate/ organization and activity matching processes.
Third Party Information Collected
Under contract with our college, university, and community college strategic partners (“Institutions”), we collect personal information that the Institutions provide to Campus Connectr. The Institutions may provide Email Address, Name, and other personal information about you. Our Institutions Contract states that you must have granted access and use to the Institution of this personal information. We treat the personal information provided by Institutions to us in the same manner, and with the same degree of care, as the Personal Data collected directly by Campus Connectr.
Additionally, Institutions provide us with information (“Other Information”) about their institution’s programs, institutional characteristics, student organizations and activities, contacts, and other information.
To enhance your user experience, in conjunction with Campus Connectr, our partner Institutions utilize a third-party email service. This third-party email service may collect information about you because of your interaction with the emails you receive.
We store the data we collect in various places including system logs, data bases, back-up files, and analytical systems.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide you, and our Institution strategic partners, with our Service, to develop new services, and to protect our Institution strategic partners and other users. We will request that you provide Personal Data to us. If you do not provide the requested data, or prohibit us from collecting the data, we may not be able to provide our Service. Our use of Personal Data is for legitimate business interests including:
- Communicating to you about the Service. We use the Personal Data to communicate about the Service with you, and with your consent.
- Providing you with the Service. The Service provides its users with a variety of benefits including institution fit assessment, personality assessment, student organization/activities matches, student matches, and roommate matches.
- Providing Institutions with the Service. The Service enables higher education Institutions to identify and offer appropriate support services to their students, and prospective students. Institutions are better able to personalize their support services and offer a more engaging student environment.
- Business Support. We use Personal Data for analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring/ prevention. We use Personal Data to develop new services, expand our Service, and to improve our Service.
We use Personal Data and Other Data to manage our contractual relationship with you and with our partner college, university and community college Institutions. We have a legitimate interest in utilizing this data to comply with legal obligations.
Personal and Other Data Disclosure
Our goal is to provide you, and our college, university and community college Institution Partners, with the best service possible. To do so, we share Personal Data and Other Data as follows:
- College, University, and Community College Institution Partners. We provide access to your Personal Data to the higher education institution(s) that you specifically elect to receive your Personal Data when you complete the Campus Connectr web survey. We have contract(s) with our higher education institution partners restricting their data access; these contract(s) state the higher education institutions may not sale or rent the Personal Data gathered through our Service to other parties. We share your Personal Data only with the specific colleges, universities, and community colleges you elect to have your Personal Data.
- Higher Education Industry Research Studies. We provide data for higher education industry research studies. To provide this research data, we aggregate your Personal Data such that you are not personally identifiable to the researchers.
We will provide your Personal Data if legally mandated to do so by applicable law. We may disclose or transfer your Personal Data and Other Data to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of the Campus Connector business, assets or stock (including any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Use of Service by Minors
The Service is not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
Your Access and Control
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. We suggest you do so by visiting the Unsubscribe link included in the email(s) you receive from your college, university or community college or from us.
You may review, correct, update, or delete Personal Data you have provided to us. You can do the above at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website, or in the section below under “Contact Us.” In your request, please make clear what Personal Data you would like changed or deleted and give us clear contact information, so we may contact you. We may require verification of your identity before making any changes or deletions. After change or deletion, there may remain some information within our database(s) or back-up databases that cannot be removed. There may also be certain data that we may not allow you to review/change for legal, security, to avoid misleading computed results, or other reasons. We try to comply with your requests as completely as possible and as soon as reasonably practicable.
The data we collect may, or may not, be considered Student education records. Student education records are official and confidential documents protected by one of the nation’s strongest privacy protection laws, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). FERPA, also known as the Buckley Amendment, defines education records as all records that schools or education agencies maintain about students.
FERPA gives students attending post-secondary educational institutions, and in some cases parents, the right to review and confirm the accuracy of education records. This and other United States “privacy” laws ensure that information about citizens collected by schools and government agencies can be released only for specific and legally defined purposes.
FERPA’s legal statute citation can be found in the U.S. Code (20 USC 1232g), which incorporates all amendments to FERPA. FERPA regulations are found in the Federal Register (34 CFR Part 99). FERPA’s 1994 amendments are found in Public Law (P.L.) 103-382.
Student and other requests to release information we collect should be made to those higher education institution(s) partners the Student selected during the Campus Connectr web survey.
We take precautions, and use reasonable measures, to protect your information. The computers/servers in which we store Personal Data are kept in a secure environment. Campus Connector Inc. employees who need Personal Data to perform a specific job are granted access thereto; all such Campus Connector Inc employees have signed non-disclosure agreements. Our contracts with higher education institutions restrict access to Personal data to only trusted employees of those institutions. Unfortunately, no data or transmission system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe your use of our Service is not secure, please immediately notify use as described in the Contact Us section.
please contact David Sommer, Data Protection Officer, Campus Connector, Inc. immediately at 269-340-0090 or email (email@example.com) or at
Campus Connector, Inc.
P.O. Box 44
Three Rivers, MI 49093